The After School Martial Arts Program will be starting up for the 2015/2016 school year. Enroll now!
The Bourelle Martial Arts After School Program provides a safe and fun learning environment for your children after school. From supervised homework, snacks and fun games to the highest quality martial arts programs Wilmington has to offer, our after-school program is sure to please both parents and students!
- Cape Fear Center for Inquiry
- Parsley Elementary
- Holly Tree Elementary
- Winter Park Elementary
- Bradley Creek Elementary
- Roland-Grise Middle School
- College Park
- Pine Valley
$65/week (5 days a week)
$45/week (3 or less days)
check | cash | credit card | paypal
- Pick up service from your child’s school directly to the After School Martial Arts Program
- A safe, educational, and fun program for your children to participate in after school.
- Help with homework
- Martial arts classes ““ involving Taekwondo, Hapkido and weapons training. Our martial arts classes focus on coordination, balance, strength, concentration, respect, confidence and leadership just to name a few.
- Fun activities and games
- Healthy snacks
- The entire family will be given access to the kickstart your heart online fitness program for free! A complete 3 month nutrition, resistance and cardio training program designed to teach you a healthy lifestyle! As a certified fitness trainer, my door is always open to my students and their families for advice in living a healthy lifestyle.
- Martial Arts Tournaments throughout the year for students to attend if they choose.
Monday through Friday
- 2:30-3:30pm: Student Pick up Service
- 3:00-3:45pm: Snack and Homework
- 3:45-4:30pm: Free Play *
- 4:30-5:15pm: Taekwondo class *
- 5:15-6:00pm: Hapkido class for advanced students / Additional taekwondo help or free play for others *
Registration and enrollment fees
- $55 One time Registration fee (this include a free uniform)
- $65/week (5 days a week)
- There are no contracts to sign
- We accept cash, check, credit card and Paypal
- Returned checks are subject to a $15 surcharge
Payment due date and late fees:
- Tuition is due on Friday for the following week. Payments for multiple weeks, such as the entire month, are also excepted as long as they are paid on the Friday before the student attends.
- Payments not received by Monday will be charged a late fee of $5.
- Payments not received by Wednesday will result in the child not being picked up until the full payment is received.
Withdraw from the program:
A three week written notice must be given to withdraw your child from the program for any reason. We do not do contracts so you may withdraw your child and re-enroll them at any point with no penalties as long as the written notice is given three weeks in advance. There will be no refunds or make up time offered for absences.
Absentee / Illness
Please notify us as soon as you know your child will not be able to attend the program, does not need a ride or will arrive late to class. Notification must be made before 12pm the day of, earlier if there is a half day schedule. If we are not notified by 1:30pm the day your child does not need to be picked up, we must charge $10 as this will cause us to track down where your child is and will negatively affect our schedule.
Pick up time and late pick up:
The after school care ends at 6:15pm. We will allow an additional 15 minutes for pickup before late pick up fees will be added. If you are unable to pick up your child by 6:30pm, a late fee of $1 will be assessed for every minute late. This fee is due when the child is picked up. The parent or guardian must notify us if anyone other than themselves will be picking up their child. We cannot allow the child to go home with anyone that is not approved by the parent for that day and will assess a $10 charge if we have to make phone calls to find out if who is picking up your child, if not the parent.
Personal belongings / lost and found:
It is the responsibility of the student to take their belongings home with them every day. We will not be responsible for any items left at the school. Items we find will be placed in the lost and found box. Items in the lost and found will be discarded after 10 days.
Uniform / Equipment
A uniform will be given upon the first week of classes after enrollment. Students must maintain and keep a clean uniform that will be brought every day. If a uniform is damaged or the student outgrows the uniform, a new uniform must be purchases immediately. The cost for this uniform will be $35. We expect these uniforms to last all year however.
Any sparring gear or martial arts weapons needed for class will be provided to the students and kept at the school. If a student wishes to purchase their own gear or weapons, this is perfectly fine, however, it must be clearly marked with the child’s name if it is to be stored at the school.
Snacks and drinks will be provided for your children upon arrival at the school. If your child requires any special nutritional items, or has food allergies, please contact us to coordinate proper snacks for your child. Snacks will be provided for long days, however, students must bring their own lunch, clearly marked with the child’s name.
Rules of Conduct:
While we cannot list every rule, the following list is a general guideline for how we expect students to act while in our school. We reserve the right to remove a child without prior notification if we feel the student is unable to fit in with rules and attitude set by our program.
- No obscene or profane language, acts, gestures or innuendo directed at any other students or staff
- Acts of lying, dishonesty or deception will not be tolerated.
- Failure to follow directions from instructors, staff or senior students
- Disregard for safety rules
- No jewelry or unapproved accessories will be allowed while participating in physical activity.
- Possession of any drugs, narcotics or any controlled substance that is not authorized by a parent or doctor.
- *Possession of any weapons. Students will be allowed to used approved (generally padded) martial arts weapons during the Friday classes only. These martial arts weapons will only be allowed on the training floor during weapons training periods.
- Threatening gestures, verbal or non-verbal towards anyone.
- Destruction of Wilmington Martial Arts & Fitness Center property, or the property of other staff and students. Any intentional property damage will be paid for by the parents or guardians.
- Touching or physical horseplay, outside of instructed contact during martial arts training.
- Any act that may cause injury or damage to students, staff or property.
- No electronic games or T.V.’s will be allowed use at the school. We do have a T.V. and DVD player if it is needed for studies, but for no other use.
Upon the first inappropriate behavior, the child will be given a verbal warning and reminded of proper conduct.
Upon repeated inappropriate behavior, the child will be removed from the current activity, or all activities for the day or week. The parents will also be notified.
If issues consist, the parent or guardian will be called to immediately pick up their child for the day. Possibilities of suspension and even removal from the program exist. A safe and trusted learning environment must be maintained at our school.